Saturday, March 29, 2014

Review: Home Chef Cafe, Dadar West

Ola! Hope you guys been liking my posts off lately. :)

Today I am going to write about my new found love, Home Chef Cafe at Dadar West, very close to Oven Fresh. I've been telling my friends off lately about me blogging recently and my friend Natasha suggested me to try this place and I decided that I would only go with her and take her for a proper lunch date. Its really tough to find some places and gives you a good experience, but when I do, I feel like going back again and again. Reason: the food provides a good value for money. Not only that, they have lovely "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" offers every Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mondays for mocktails, Tuesdays for burgers and Thursdays for pizzas. Home Chef's specialities includes burgers, pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, baked dishes, mains, soups, sizzlers, etc.

Until now, I've been here twice and have enjoyed myself. The ambience is very casual and warm, all type of crowd will be seen here, couples, office crowd, students, etc. There are plenty of good dishes on the menu but depends on what you want to eat and at what time of the day. Most people prefer to go on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to the offer available and at a cheap price, they get to eat more. When I went for first time on a Thursday, I wanted to avail the free pizza offer with one buy. But sadly, that day the oven at Home Chef was spoilt and we couldn't have the pizzas. So we had a good start with some chicken skewers, spicy french paparika fries and rosemary chicken with rice and a really amazing cheesecake.

The French Paparika Fries and Herbed Chicken Skewers are a must have dishes here. The spices on the skewers with chilli mayo gave it an amazing taste. The chicken was soft and tender as well. I wouldn't recommend people to go for the Rosemary Grilled Chicken with Rice, which included grilled chicken pieces in onion rosemary sauce. The rosemary was way too much in excess and overpowered the taste and flavours of the previous dishes I had. It was quite average. And honestly, I didn't like it much. I should have ordered something more spicier.
Chicken Skewers

French Paparika Fries

Rosemary Chicken


In my 2nd visit, I had gone on a Tuesday as I had a burger craving. My friend called for the Jumbo Chicken Burger, chicken patty with barbeque or grilled chicken and double cheese with extra crisp bacon and the complimentary burger which I called for  was Grilled Chicken Burger which had the grilled chicken breast with cheese and salad and extra crisp bacon. They looked very small but apparently, was very appetizing and filling too.  Wafers and little salad mix were served alongside with the burger.

Jumbo Chicken Burger

Grilled Chicken Burger


I believe the desserts here are really amazing. The uniqueness in the taste even beats the desserts available at Oven Fresh. I've had the Chocolate Mousse and the Cheese Cake and both of them are exceptionally brilliant. One would not be able to see the moistness in the cheese cake but apparently the taste beats it. It is very soft and gooey with little cream and white chocolate on top. They also have varieties of other desserts like strawberry pastry, coffee and chocolate pastry and so on. Do not miss eating the desserts here.
Chocolate Mousse. Chocogasm

Cheese Cake.



Home Chef is a must visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays if you want to give a cheap treat to your friends and fill your American and Italian food cravings. The food is worth the price here with an amazing quality.

Price for 2: Rs. 700-800/-
Deals: Buy 1 Mocktail, Get 1 Free on Mondays,
Buy 1 Burger Get 1 Free on Tuesdays,
Buy 1 Pizza Get 1 Pizza Free on Thursdays.
15% off on desserts after 9pm.
Address: 4 Prafullaban Society, Ram Maruti Road, Near Shivaji Park Police Station, Dadar West.

1 comment: